Saturday, November 28, 2015

Giving Thanks, Feeling Blessed, Being Grateful

After spending the past week home for the holiday, I have been reminded how much there is to be thankful for. Coming home to the most loving and supporting family, to a cozy home full of health, love, and happiness always reminds me to be grateful for the life that I live. Thanksgiving is a time to give thanks, but it is important to know that we should always give thanks and be grateful throughout the year. Spreading thankfulness and gratefulness can lead one to live a positive life. After reading the article Choose To Be Grateful. It Will Make You Happier by Arthur C. Brooks, I have been reminded how significant it is to be thankful. For many it is hard to be give thanks and see how much there is in life to be grateful for. Some people live a life of selfishness and ungratefulness. Brooks spoke about how being thankful is easy when life is going well but this is not the only time we should give thanks. As I get older I become more grateful when I wake up each day; for the clothes I have to put on my back, the car I have to get me from one place to the other, the family I am a part of who supports me through good and bad, the friends I can turn to at any time of the day, and the school I attend to be a successful individual in the future. Giving thanks should become a morning routine.. wake up and think about how blessed you are to start your day on a positive note! Happy Thanksgiving to all!





No comments:

Post a Comment