Monday, September 14, 2015

One Classroom, Many Minds

After viewing this video, I have realized that students are made up by an immense amount of characteristics. As we know students are all different in their own ways, they learn and grasp knowledge diversely. Scholars are made up of hope, goals, and dreams of their own. This video made me realize that there are several problems that are lying behind education. While one student held up a sign stating "my class size is 115" others held up a signs that acknowledged the lack of sleep, endless amounts of debt, and the use of technology. What caught my attention first was the student who recognized her class size. One of my priorities as a student is being on the same page as my professors. I think it is important for them to know your name, strengths, and weaknesses in that particular class/subject. Communication is also key. One way we can communicate is by using technology. I personally love using technology, I think it allows us to research a wide variety of resources (websites, articles, videos, tutorials, and photos). Being that each student learns differently, some may prefer the use of paper and textbooks.



George Evans once said 
"Every student can learn, just not on the same day or in the same way."

No comments:

Post a Comment